Whole fresh or frozen, 4-6 lbs; 7-9 lbs
When purchasing fish, freshness is important. The fish should not have a fishy smell, which actually comes from bacteria decomposing the fish. If purchasing whole fish, the eyes should be clear. Frozen-at-sea fish are often the freshest choice available.
Retail Price : $14.95
5 to 6 pounds whole salmon, scaled, gutted and washed
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
3 bunches fresh tarragon
2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced thin
8 large shallots, peeled and sliced
2 pound leeks, well washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup white wine
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Rub the salmon on all sides with 4 tablespoons of the oil and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Place the tarragon bunch inside the cavity of the fish. Put the vegetables in a large roasting pan coat with the remainder of the oil, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Place the salmon on the bed of vegetables. Sprinkle fish and vegetables with white wine. Place the roasting pan in the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until the fish is thoroughly cooked. About 15 minutes for every inch of fish.
Carefully lift the fish out of the pan and place on a platter along with the roasted vegetables.
Serve by portioning out the fish using two large spoons: filleting as you go first the top fillet, discard the center bone and then serve the bottom fillet
Jet Set Pack
All Gift packages include: packaging with Gel Ice, Recipe books and a gift card
Above gift packages require refrigeration and must be shipped overnight.
- There may be customs duties & taxes levied in some countries. These will be charged back to you separately from the freight charges.
- All major credit cards are accepted
- Please phone or email us your orders. We will need your billing information and information of the gift recipient including address and telephone numbers.
- Smoked Salmon and fresh whole salmon is also available separately and can be shipped overnight.
- Jet Set Sam will not be responsible for delays in delivery due to regulatory delays.